On 30 May, the hosts of the 2022 Be Inspired Business Awards (BIBAs) announced that Simply Doughnuts had been shortlisted for two categories: Green Business of the Year, and Global Business of the Year.
All entrants’ submissions are scored before the shortlisting decisions are made. In her notification email, Babs Murphy, chief executive of North & West Lancashire Chamber of Commerce wrote to say that, for each category, we were “one of the top-scoring businesses who have made the shortlist.”
Green Business of the Year
Our shortlisting in this category reflects a host of new initiatives over the last year, including:
- Investing in new plant that requires less water and produces less material waste
- Diverting 100% of waste from landfill
- Reducing road miles through supply-chain and logistics improvements
- Developing new packaging that requires less plastic
- Further extensions to product shelf-life
Global Business of the Year
We made the final this year on the basis of our recent successes in developing new export markets in Europe and the Gulf States. We are now supplying a number of well-known retail chains and we’re committed to expanding our overseas markets further, throughout this year and beyond.
This year’s finals will take place on 16 September at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom. More details can be found on the BIBAs website.